Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Passion to Serve Others

"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Mahatma Gandhi

The quote above is so profound. I can attest to it because I have found my passion through my service to others. In January of 2008 after watching Oprah on Martin Luther King Day I took an introspective look at myself to find out what I could do in my community to create a positive change. By the end of January the concept of Mentor 4 BIG RESULTS evolved from my introspective search into my passion.

I can say that serving others is my passion because this program went through a process of metamorphosis. From an introspective though into creative action. The action is what allows this program to exist, but it was the introspection process that allowed my passion to be discovered.

Serving others is not an easy thing to do for many people because it requires performing a selfless act. But it is the selfless act that is so rewarding.

As our nation continues to go through this period of change. I believe the hearts of many will develop the passion to serve others. Many people already possess the passion to serve others but have not taken the action to exercise their passion. This is the year of CHANGE! I encourage you to put some action behind your passion. You will never know what creative action your introspective thoughts will lead you too.

If you have a passion to volunteer visit Mentor 4 BIG RESULTS at www.m4brs.org.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what a little idea can grow to become. I am extremely proud of you and truly hope that you can inspire one of your mentees' to find their passion and then make it a reality.


Much love,
Bro.

Anonymous said...

Serving is an act of service, the results of serving is seeing a smile on someone face. one must realize you serve others because of the love in your heart and to do right by others regardless of feelings. Serving is an act of service when you don't expect exposure or fame because of a good deed. Serve because its the right thing to do! Show Love to all